Tuesday, May 5, 2020

You Are Not Alone: Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

Another great thrill by Hendricks and Pekkanen. This was a page turner that I had to finish in one sitting because I could not stop reading.

These two are just a great team that can weave stories of such intrigue.

It sucks, but I think we can all imagine falling for the same things the main character here did. Shay was a pretty every-day character. She was like me, and I'm guessing she was kinda like you. She wants desperately to have good friends, so it doesn't take much to create deep friendships (on her part). It's easy to pick out reasons why they shouldn't be your friend, but you can't help falling for it regardless.

I expect this from Hendricks and Pekkanen by now, but that twist at the end still got me. I know that things are never as they appear with these two, and yet I was still thrown. I had to reread a few chapters to catch up/figure out exactly what was happening.

I'm ashamed to say that I totally fell for the false ending, but I love that in book. Fool me as many times as you can!

I can't wait to see what these two come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment