Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Into the Water: Paula Hawkins

This was a great read! I enjoy Hawkins' writing style immensely. She's a captivating writer. and she weaves thrilling tales. Her characters invoke so much emotions, both hatred and love. She is quite talented.

I appreciated many things about this book. First, I enjoyed the way Hawkins broke up the story by using several different narrators, several different time periods, and even different narration types. In this way, I was never tired of a narrator, and I ended each chapter wanting more from that person, causing me to read on.

Hawkins makes a fantastic villain, and even better, she makes several villains. There are many horrid, hateful characters; as I read, I kept longing for their downfalls, and even by the end, I'm uncertain as to who is truly the villains of the book.

As is the case with many thrillers, I was kept guessing through the book. This was even better because at the end, I was left with three guesses, and it wasn't until the very last paragraph that I had my answer, and it wasn't who I thought it would be. That was surprising, and I always like a surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment