Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Mistborn: Brandon Sanderson

 Whoa. Good read. Can't wait to read the rest.

It definitely feels like an intro book for the first 1/3 or 1/2, but then things pick up and get moving and it's awesome.

I love Kelsier; he's a fantastic hero. Vin took some time for me. She was a grating character in the beginning, but as the plot picked up, she got better for me. I suppose she's a pretty good hero too.

I also love Allomancy and think that whole concept is fascinating. All of the magic is interesting, and I want more. Sanderson has a way of bringing this completely unheard of thing to life, and that's what readers need for books like this. Imagining that I, too, can fly through the air with just a handful of pocket change is just so fun!

My biggest complaint is being unable to visualize the creatures in this world. I had such a hard time immersing myself in the world because I just couldn't picture it. What the heck do Inquisitors even look like? But that's just an aspect of fantasy that I need to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment