Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Language of Flowers: Vanessa Diffenbaugh

The story was absolutely heart-breaking and yet completely heart-warming. I went through such an emotional roller coaster while I read, and I love when a book can do that for me. The characters were so real and it was easy to feel everything they were feeling. I hurt when they hurt, I laughed when they laughed, and I cried when they cried. The characters were very well created. I though the aspect of communicating through flowers was new and fresh. However, I got very distracted by the bouncing back and forth in tenses. Although each chapter changed and the changes were consistent throughout the novel, I kept getting lost in the switches. Maybe just a header on each chapter reminding me of the change would have helped me keep track of where I was in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment