Friday, September 14, 2018

Q is for Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking: Susan Cain

This was a very powerful book that was quite different from what I'd been reading. It was a good change of pace for me. Cain does a nice job exploring this subject on a variety of levels: the business world, the college world, the married world, the young child world, she covers it all.

The book was easy to read and understand: it's written in simple language for every man to understand. There were places where I'd skim through because of the technical aspect of what Cain was saying: much of the biological sections I'd skim through quickly because I didn't understand nor care to grasp those concepts, as well as when the business aspects got too detailed. I don't fell like I missed anything for doing this.

It was well structured and organized, each part flowing into the following part well, so that the section breaks and chapter breaks weren't breaks but pauses in the journey. Very easy to read the book in one sitting.

I've gained a lot of knowledge now about the world around me, regarding introversion and extroversion. I have more understanding of how to be powerful and succeed in this world that is so extroverted-focused. More than that, I have a better understanding of how extroverts function, why they think the way they think, and how we can use our differences for good.

I highly encourage extrovert and introvert alike to read this book as it will be beneficial no matter how you describe yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment