Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dance Upon the Air: Nora Roberts (A book about someone with a superpower)

I don't typically like Nora Roberts' books with magic, but this one was pretty cute. Nell is a very strong and independent character, and it was fun to follow her journey learning magic. Perhaps this is due to my love of all things Harry Potter, but throughout the book I longed for more vivid portrayals of the magic being cast. I felt very disappointed in the lack of magic in a book about magic.

Anyway, Nell and Zach were a nice couple, and they had a pleasant courtship. I enjoyed Nell's break into the world starting her business and restarting her life.

I thought the way Roberts used an old friend from Nell's past life to bring back her husband was an interesting way to spoil her disguise and give away her location.

The villain is a very good one. It starts just as Evan, but (as I'm reading the next books) it becomes much more, hiding in Evan, which is very interesting.

I'm using this one as my book about someone with a superpower because I really enjoyed the process of Nell discovering who she was and what she had, and the process in which she learns how to use her magic is fresh and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment