Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir

This was a compelling and heartbreaking story of Jane Grey. I find this period of history to be entertaining and usually fascinating. While Jane Grey has a very interesting history,  think the author could have done better in telling the story. 

I appreciated the back and forth between main characters as that enabled more than a one-sided story. It game me a glimpse into the lives of several actors in the tale. 

However compelling the true history is, this book was long and drawn out on several aspects. I think the book could have been 100 pages shorter. I understand that a lot of background is needed to follow the path that Jane lived, but I think a lot was also unnecessary. The beginning was very slow, the middle was very slow, and it wasn't until the end where the story gathered speed and I was flipping pages as fast as I could. Much of this book is skim-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment